current Affairs 15th February
- Kerala has demanded a ban on Popular Front of India (a Muslim organization). Centre is checking facts before applying Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).
|Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act is an Indian law aimed at effective prevention of unlawful activities associations in India. Its main objective was to make powers available for dealing with activities directed against the integrity and sovereignty of India. It was passed in 1967 and gone through many amendments and the most recent one in 2012.
- Free travel to senior citizens in all Delhi Transport buses.
- Punjab national bank reported unauthorized transactions worth rupees 11,500 crore in The Kala Ghoda branch of south Mumbai. In 2011, a fraudulent Letter of understanding was submitted to PNB. Nirav Modi, Nishal Modi, Ami Modi And Mehul Choksi are said to be behind this.
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is on a three day visit to India 15-17 february 2018. He will go to makka masjid in Hyderabad.
- Manik Sarkar is the Tripura chief minister since 1998. Tripura is scheduled to go for assembly election in this month.
- Under pressure from the UN’s Financial Action task force(FATF) Pakistan has banned Hafiz Saeed’s Jamaat-ud-Dawa(JUD) and Falah-i-Insaniat Foundation(FIF)
- Cyril Ramaphosa is new President of South Africa after Jacob Zuma resigned on being pressurized by African National Congress (ANC). Zuma presidentship has been marred with numerous scandals and relationship with Gupta brothers.
|Terror attack on Sunjuwan Army base in Jammu:- The garrison of the 36 Brigade of the 36 Brigade of j&k light Infantry was attacked by terrorist. 6 army personnel and a civilian was killed. A Kashmiri personnel got killed Lance naik mohammed Iqbal sheikh…which saw huge gathering in his funeral.
Controversy: AIMIM part chief Asaduddin Owaisi said 5 killed jawan were Muslims thus he was blamed for communalizing martyrs
|Sri Lanka’s People Front unofficially backed by former president Mahinda Rajpaksa has won in the local elections held in feb, 2018.
The present ruling coalition consists of President Maithripala Sirisena who heads the Sri Lanka Freedom Party(SLFP) and United People Freedom Alliance(UPFA) with 37 MPs. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremensinghe, United National Party(UNP),largest component of coalition has 106 MPs. These loss is being attributed to growing divide between Sirisena and Wicremensinghe.
|The big three Rating agencies of the world are: Standard & Poor, Fitch and Moody.