- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Gopal Krishna Prabhu Parrikar died at the age of 62.
- Former bureaucrat and 2009 civil services topper formed his political party J&K People’s Movement.
- Foreign Secretary of India at present is Vijay Gokhale.
- Scorpene Class submarine INS kalvari.
- Chess will return to Asian Games in 2022 in Hangzhou. Chess was part of Asian games in 2006 and 2010.
- Kohli and Bumrah are at 1st position in Icc’s ODI ranking in batting and bowling respectively.
- Across the world Boeing 737 Max Jets are grounded due two recent crash.
- Mass shootings took place in Al Noor mosque in Christchurch city of New Zealand’s southern Island. More than 40 people’s died mostly refugees and migrants. New Zealand’s Prime Minister is Jacinda Ardern.
- Tuberculosis:- India has highest burden of TB mortality in the world. In 2017, India saw 421000 deaths due to the disease followed by 1,55,000 in Nigeria and 1,16,000 in Indonesia. In 2017, India accounted for 27.3% global burden of TB. Centre had committed to eliminate TB by 2025- five years ahead of UN target of 2030. World TB Day on March 24.
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 29th edition is being held in Ipoh city of Malaysia (Hockey).
- UNESCO world heritage site Palmyra is in Syria, It was devastated by IS.
- DRDO : Defence Research Development Organisation. DRDO chief is G Satheesh Reddy.
- India successfully tested Anti-Satellite(A-Sat) Missile to destroy an orbitting satellite at an altitude of 274 km. The Operation code named Mission Shakti. India becomes 4th nation after US, China and Russia to have this capability.
- Abdul Kalam Island :The Integrated Test Range missile testing facility is located on the island. The island was originally named after English commandant Lieutenant Wheeler. On 4 September 2015, the island was renamed to honour the late Indian president, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- The 46th Chief Justice of India at present is Ranjan Gogoi.
- SWIFT : Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications is a messaging network that financial institutions use to omk
Lecurely transmit information and instructions through a s
Otandardized system of codes.
- The 16th Lok Sabha has 66 women MPs held in 2014.
- Boeing 737 max has been grounded world over after two recent crashes.
- World Bank and IMF are Bretton Woods twins. The World Bank was set up as International Bank for Reconstruction and Development in 1946 to help fund reconstruction after World War 2. In 1970s World Bank president Robert McNamara shifted bank focus to fighting poverty in developing countries.
- Ravneet Gill took charge as MD & CEO of Yes Bank, succeeding promoter Rana Kapoor.
- Hashmuk Adhiya former secretary to GOI made chairman of Bank of Baroda.
VVPAT : Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail. VVPAT is a system attached with the Electronic Voting Machine(EVM) which facilitates the voter to verify his/her vote.